“Traditionally, it was uncommon for Berber women to work outside the home. But times have changed, and all the co-operatives are now staffed and run by local women.”
The report also notes, “Argan oil hasn’t just improved the region’s economic and social standing – it’s playing a vital role sustaining its ecology too, as the purpose of this work is to preserve the argan tree, because it was in decline”.
Are you wondering what Argan oil is all about and why the hype about this oil? Also named Moroccan oil, it is one of the most advanced beauty secrets of more and more cosmetics experts these days. Although it’s known to be used by traditional Berber women from Morocco for centuries as a skin and hair care treatment, it was just recently introduced to the Western world.
There are so many Argan oil benefits – from making your skin smoother, fairer and younger-looking, to making your hair softer, smoother and more manageable. It was even researched as a possible cure for cancer and a preventive measure for aging and hair loss. Moroccan oil rumors have suddenly hit the market, causing quite a hype… But how do you really use Argan oil? Do you rub it, drink it or take it as a capsule? There are several manufacturers and distributors who retail cosmetic grade Argan oil and on the other hand, there are retailers that sell culinary oil…
How To Use Argan Oil?
Cosmetic grade pure Argan oil is obtained from crushing raw nuts and pressing them. The first press has the most antioxidants and vitamin E quite similar to the first press of olives. This extract is packed and labeled to be distributed as Argan oil skin care products or to be diluted to shampoos, conditioners or added to skin care and various hair care products. Here are some basic yet essential tips on how to use Argan oil:
• Cosmetic grade Argan oil may be applied directly on skin; Just a few drops on your fingertips, apply on affected area of on the face with small, firm, circular strokes. Make sure that your face is totally clean and dry before you apply the organic oil. You may use this one of twice a day if your skin needs to rehydrate especially in warm and dry climates.
• Warm your hand by rubbing them together, place a few drops of oil on your warmed hand and apply on your hair and scalp. Warming the oil releases its natural therapeutic properties which can help the scalp absorb the oil better. With the use of your fingertips, massage your scalp. Work your fingers all over the entire area of the head; allow the oil to be absorbed and to coat the strands of hair by covering with a shower cap. You may wash your hair with your favorite shampoo after several hours.
• You may add Argan oil into your favorite shampoo or conditioner. Use your shampoo just like you would any regular shampoo and allow the oil to settle on your scalp for a few minutes then rinse.
• Massage pure Argan oil all over the body just like you would use a moisturizer intended for the entire body. Take care to massage dry areas of the body like the ankles, knees, elbows, hands and feet. It’s best to warm your hands first or to slightly warm the oil to allow the properties to easily penetrate the skin.
• If you are using food grade or culinary grade Argan oil, you may add the oil to your favorite dishes. Authentic Moroccan dishes use a dash of Argan oil to add a distinctive nutty flavor to dishes. Argan oil for cooking may also be added to sauces, soups and to add a toasted nutty flavor to pasta and salads. This oil is suitable for vegetarians and vegans since it is gluten free.
• You can combine lemon juice and Argan oil to make salad dressing; this is perfect when combined with goat’s cheese and crackers.
• Pumpkin and squash soups will become heartier and creamier with a dash of Argan oil.
• Crushed almonds, honey and Argan oil will make amiou, a traditional Moroccan paste which is comparable to peanut butter. This is one of the best ways to get the most of this truly amazing oil.
• Create a touch of Morocco to your dishes with Argan oil and preserved lemons, barley couscous and delicious paste for pasta.
There are so many Moroccan oil recipe ideas that will truly allow you to enjoy the benefits of Argan oil. So why not use this oil and see what it can do to your health and beauty right now?
Battling with dry hair will usually lead you to using several natural products at a time. However, there is a better solution than a hit and miss routine for hair care; you may try to use Argan oil, also known as Moroccan oil. Argan oil benefits for hair is now out and many who have used it have claims that it is one of the best shampoo and hair care product that they have ever used.With just weeks of use, there was a huge difference from the hair that you had before; hair will become livelier, more manageable and the sleek, oily look will definitely be gone!
And why does this Moroccan oil shampoo work? Let’s check out the properties of the product and find out why Moroccan oil for fine and oily hair is the best alternative to using regular shampoo and other hair care products:
• Fatty acids in Argan oil are essential to make hair stronger and more manageable. Lack of omega 3 in the body can lead to brittle and dry hair which is why it is important to include fatty acids in food you eat and of course in your shampoo and hair care products.
• Vitamin E or tocopherol is very important in making yout hair, skin and nails healthier and younger-looking. Vitamin E is an essential vitamin that helps renew the health of hair and can stimulate the scalp in growing new hair. Moroccan oil shampoos are rich in vitamin E which may also prevent hair loss which is perfect for men with male pattern baldness and women who experience premature hair loss.
• Carotenoids which is a form of vitamin A is also found in Argan oil which may also be essential in preventing hair loss and the treatment of dry hair as well as other hair and scalp conditions like psoriasis and dandruff. Caroteniods are also found in skin and nail care products to help keep nails stronger and healthier.
• Antioxidants are also found in Argan oil and these are very important in warding off free radicals that can damage the body cells including the cells of your skin and hair. Using Argan oil for hair is a great way to revive dry and damaged hair as well as eating foods that are rich in antioxidants like fruits, vegetables, sea foods and many more.
• Plant derived-sterols which are also present in Argan oil can help with hair loss and the treatment of dry hair and brittle hair. There are studies regarding the use of phytosterols in humans and it has been found to be useful for many hair and skin conditions.
Definitely an impressive list of properties and ingredients that only the highest quality Argan oil can give; Remember to look for reputable Moroccan oil shampoo and hair care manufacturers and distributors to make sure that you get all the amazing advantages of Argan oil for hair . With continuous use, you will never have to deal with dry hair again!