Are you wondering what Argan oil is all about and why the hype about this oil? Also named Moroccan oil, it is one of the most advanced beauty secrets of more and more cosmetics experts these days. Although it’s known to be used by traditional Berber women from Morocco for centuries as a skin and hair care treatment, it was just recently introduced to the Western world.
There are so many Argan oil benefits – from making your skin smoother, fairer and younger-looking, to making your hair softer, smoother and more manageable. It was even researched as a possible cure for cancer and a preventive measure for aging and hair loss. Moroccan oil rumors have suddenly hit the market, causing quite a hype… But how do you really use Argan oil? Do you rub it, drink it or take it as a capsule? There are several manufacturers and distributors who retail cosmetic grade Argan oil and on the other hand, there are retailers that sell culinary oil…
How To Use Argan Oil?
Cosmetic grade pure Argan oil is obtained from crushing raw nuts and pressing them. The first press has the most antioxidants and vitamin E quite similar to the first press of olives. This extract is packed and labeled to be distributed as Argan oil skin care products or to be diluted to shampoos, conditioners or added to skin care and various hair care products. Here are some basic yet essential tips on how to use Argan oil:
• Cosmetic grade Argan oil may be applied directly on skin; Just a few drops on your fingertips, apply on affected area of on the face with small, firm, circular strokes. Make sure that your face is totally clean and dry before you apply the organic oil. You may use this one of twice a day if your skin needs to rehydrate especially in warm and dry climates.
• Warm your hand by rubbing them together, place a few drops of oil on your warmed hand and apply on your hair and scalp. Warming the oil releases its natural therapeutic properties which can help the scalp absorb the oil better. With the use of your fingertips, massage your scalp. Work your fingers all over the entire area of the head; allow the oil to be absorbed and to coat the strands of hair by covering with a shower cap. You may wash your hair with your favorite shampoo after several hours.
• You may add Argan oil into your favorite shampoo or conditioner. Use your shampoo just like you would any regular shampoo and allow the oil to settle on your scalp for a few minutes then rinse.
• Massage pure Argan oil all over the body just like you would use a moisturizer intended for the entire body. Take care to massage dry areas of the body like the ankles, knees, elbows, hands and feet. It’s best to warm your hands first or to slightly warm the oil to allow the properties to easily penetrate the skin.
• If you are using food grade or culinary grade Argan oil, you may add the oil to your favorite dishes. Authentic Moroccan dishes use a dash of Argan oil to add a distinctive nutty flavor to dishes. Argan oil for cooking may also be added to sauces, soups and to add a toasted nutty flavor to pasta and salads. This oil is suitable for vegetarians and vegans since it is gluten free.
• You can combine lemon juice and Argan oil to make salad dressing; this is perfect when combined with goat’s cheese and crackers.
• Pumpkin and squash soups will become heartier and creamier with a dash of Argan oil.
• Crushed almonds, honey and Argan oil will make amiou, a traditional Moroccan paste which is comparable to peanut butter. This is one of the best ways to get the most of this truly amazing oil.
• Create a touch of Morocco to your dishes with Argan oil and preserved lemons, barley couscous and delicious paste for pasta.
There are so many Moroccan oil recipe ideas that will truly allow you to enjoy the benefits of Argan oil. So why not use this oil and see what it can do to your health and beauty right now?
Tagged: argan oil, argan oil benefits, argan oil benefits for face, argan oil benefits for hair, argan oil benefits for skin, argan oil for face, argan oil for food, argan oil for hair, argan oil for skin, benefits of argan oil, moroccan oil, moroccan oil benefits, moroccan oil shampoo